Friday 12 August 2011

Diaper Dance

While my husband is bathing our little miss, I am taking this opportunity to share a Friday Night Funny.


We got home late after a walk around the mall (which is why the baby is still awake at 7:40). We got home and threw some cheese ravioli and peas on for a quick dinner. I put a fresh diaper on baby girl, which, in itself is a chore. I had a comb, a singing card, a bunny and her pants to entertain her while I ripped off the velcro and fastened a new diaper on.


I was arranging my new candles on the mantel while my darling daughter played at my feet when I heard a familiar "RRRRIIIIIIP!"


My first thought was, Where on earth did she find velcro? Followed by her tossing her diaper at me.


FACEPALM. 


I didn't put her pants back on, figuring that we were eating and bathing anyways. I didn't use a snap diaper because, well, a velcro one was at the top of the pile. What this means is I gave my daughter a license to pee.


She promptly picked up her diaper and motored away. She rubbed her bare bottom on my white carpet, dragged it along the register, sat in the dog's bed and, her glorifying moment, shook her bum in the dog's face. 


Velcro is officially no good for diapers unless it is covered by pants. I am just thankful that it was a clean diaper instead of the loaded one I had just changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment