Friday 7 October 2011

Work, Illness and Other Things

Wow, it's been a while since I've written. I've been busy though. I had my first day back at work, and it was a full day. My first full day away from Miss S, I've never been away from her for more than a few hours, and usually while she is asleep. I cried all the way to work. Luckily the kids kept me busy and I was working with people I knew (and didn't feel stupid crying to). I survived, and so did Miss S, though I hear she did not nap at all...
Working a half day was much easier, I put her down for her nap and went to work, I came home and she had only been up for about an hour and a half. That works much better for me and would be optimal, because full days away are stressful. I couldn't imagine having gone back to work when she was only a few months old.
I will say this though, being away from her all day makes me appreciate my time with her all the more. I didn't check facebook or my emails while she was awake. Didn't watch TV, just played.
This week has been different. I only worked one day because my little miss has been sick. Stuffy, bad cough, feverish, the whole nine yards. It has not been fun, especially when she so generously shared her cold with me. She can nap during the day, I had things to do (like be awake and present for the carpet installers). The only thing worse than a sick baby is a sick baby when you yourself are under the weather. The two of us ended up passed out in bed together at 7pm because I couldn't muster the strength or motivation to put her in her own bed. Daddy came in and put her in her crib while I soaked in a scalding tub.
Here's what I'd like to know...How the heck does my 14 (almost 15) month old have the energy to scamper around the house, pulling pillows off the couch and tormenting the dog while sick when I just want to climb under the covers and sleep? Her battery does drain faster, but while it's full, she's like a little energizer bunny.
Speaking of which, my energizer bunny is done her snack and currently pulling all the vents out of the floor and piling them at the dogs feet. Time to go.
Just popping back in to add that Miss S has officially started using me as her personal tissue. I have baby snot all over me. I was hoping to wait at least another year before she learned to blow her nose on my clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment